Position: Commercial Superintendents Baxter Location
Location: Baxter, MN
Nor-Son Construction, a commercial design and construction services company is seeking an experienced Superintendent for its Baxter, Minnesota location.
The Superintendent will supervise and coordinate the activities of the work crew, subcontractors, and other individuals on the construction worksite. They will be responsible for project execution in accordance with plans and specifications, project safety, crew productivity and project schedule management.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of work crew, general contractors, subcontractors, and other individuals on construction worksite.
- Ensure projects are constructed in accordance with the plans and specifications and are delivered as scheduled.
- Inspect work progress, equipment, or construction sites to verify safety or to ensure that specifications are met.
- Provide a high level of customer service and requires professionalism in dealing with owners, architects, subcontractors, and other team members.
- Support the project manager to ensure plans are up to date, subcontract costs are identified, and cost issues are quickly resolved in a timely manner.
- Develop master schedules and planning tools including key milestones, sequencing, and workflow, communicate expectations to work crew, and visually display them at field offices to ensure that all workers are following a clear plan.
- Prepare a Quality Control Plan for each project and integrated work plans for each phase of work.
- Conduct pre-construction meetings with each new trade coming on site.
- Prepare a Site Utilization Plan for each project.
- Ensure projects, workers and work methods are OSHA compliant and safety requirements are reviewed with each worker.
- Conduct weekly meetings with owners, subcontractors, and team members.
- General and carpentry labor as needed, or as directed by Nor-Son supervision.
- Two years construction experience in a supervisory role.
- Ability to communicate effectively with owners, subcontractors, and internal personnel.
- Strong leadership, communication, problem solving, and teamwork skills.
- Construction management degree.
- 10 years or more of previous construction experience.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works indoors and outdoors with extreme heat, extreme cold and excessive noise.
- Physical strength requirements include being able to exert twenty-five pounds regularly and frequently exerting up to fifty pounds.
- This position requires moving about to a significant degree, ascending/descending, working atop, has repetitive hand/arm/wrist use, and frequently traverses with uneven/even walking surface.
- This position will have occasional use and operation of motor vehicles and operate foot pedals.
- Frequently works with/near machinery, electricity, power tools, impact tools, chemicals, fumes, and heights.
- Travel may be required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Nor-Son Construction offers a flexible, rewarding place to work with an extensive benefits package including family health and dental, paid vacation, 7 ½ paid holidays, 401(k) with company match, and much more!
Nor-Son Construction is an Equal Opportunity/AA Employer.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Anderson Group, Inc. has not, and will not, discriminate for or against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, pregnancy, familial status, disability (including those related to pregnancy or childbirth), membership or non-membership in a labor organization, sexual orientation, genetic information, complaining in good faith to the Employer or to a public authority, lawful requests for access to or to make written submissions to one's personnel file, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected under local, state or federal statute, ordinance or regulation. Employees and applicants will be evaluated solely on the basis of their conduct, their compliance with the Company's policies, practices and legitimate expectations, and their performance and experience.
Anderson Group, Inc. is committed to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled applicants and employees, including pregnant employees. Each applicant and/or employee will be evaluated on an individual basis with respect to his/her ability to perform the functions of a particular job. Disabled applicants and employees, who are otherwise qualified, may propose any necessary, reasonable accommodation to Anderson Group, Inc. which would enable them to perform the essential functions of their position. Anderson Group, Inc. will attempt to reasonably accommodate the disability, unless doing so would cause an undue hardship to the Company.
Please complete the form below to be considered for employment.
If you are having trouble with this application, please call 800-858-1722.